Natural Cure for Diabetes
Diabetes mellitus is a nutritional disorder, signified by excess presence of glucose in the blood and urine. The primary cause is excess or total lack of insulin in the body. This leads to abnormalities in carbohydrate metabolism as well as the metabolism of protein and fat. The word diabetes is formed from the Greek word denoting “to siphon, to pass through” and mellitus means “honey” in Latin. The two characteristic symptoms of this disease are plenty of urination and glucose in urine. The urine is pale in color, has acidic reaction and is sweet.
A diabetic feels hungry and thirsty most of the time but does not put n weight, even though he eats frequently. He tires easily, both mentally and physically. He looks pale, may suffer from anaemia, constipation, intense itching around the genital organs, palpitations and overall weakness. He feels drowsy most of the times and his sex urge is lower than normal person.
This disease is caused by overeating and the obesity resulting from it. Excess intake of carbohydrates, proteins, fats and sugar taxes the pancreas and ultimately paralyses its normal functioning. Negative emotions like grief, worry and anxiety, have a great impact on the metabolism and cause sugar to appear in the urine. It can also result from some major illnesses like cancer, tuberculosis and cerebral disease. Heredity can also lead to diabetes.
Home Remedy for Diabetes
- The recommended natural remedy for diabetes is to be strict lacto vegetarian and take low-calorie, low-fat alkaline diet consisting of plenty of fresh fruits, nuts, vegetables, whole meal bread and dairy products. These foods should be consumed as dry as possible so that they mix thoroughly with the saliva while in the mouth. Avoid cooked starchy foods, since cooking breaks down the cellulose around the starch granules and thus causing starch to be easily absorbed. The excess that is absorbed has to be eliminated by the kidneys and appears as sugar in the urine. When the foods are eaten raw, saliva and the digestive juices in the small intestine regulate the quantity required to be changed to sugar to meet body’s need.
- The best natural home remedy for diabetes is use of bitter gourd. It contains an insulin-like chemical, which plays a vital role in lowering the blood and urine sugar. Drink the juice of four or five fruits everyday in the morning on waking up. You can also include the seeds in the diet in the powdered form. You can also make a decoction by boiling the pieces in water or in the dry powder form.
- Indian gooseberry is a valuable natural home remedy for diabetes. Take a tablespoon of its juice with half a cup of bitter gourd juice for two months to stimulate the cells that secrete insulin and thus reduce blood sugar.
- Jambul fruit is another natural home remedy for diabetes as it affects the pancreas. The fruit, its juice and the seeds are a valuable tool in fight against diabetes. The seeds contain glucoside that has the power to check the conversion of starch into sugar when excess glucose is present. Dry the seeds and powder them and mix them thoroughly with water, curd or milk. The inner bark of this tree is also very beneficial in the treatment of diabetes. Dry and burn this bark which produces an ash white in colour. Pestle this ash in a mortar, strain it and bottle. Take 10 gms of this ash in the morning mixed with water and 20 gms each in the afternoon and evening after an hour of meal.
- Including grapefruit in the diet is an excellent natural home remedy for diabetes.
- The seeds of fenugreek are another natural home remedy for diabetes. These seeds when taken in the dose of 25 gms to 100 gms daily reduce the reactive hyperglycemia in the patient. It also showed a marked decline in the levels of glucose, serum cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Water extract of Bengal gram is one of the natural home remedy for diabetes. Diabetics who included this extract in their diet showed an improvement in their blood sugar levels even though their carbohydrate intake was not severely restricted. Their fasting blood sugar levels, glucose tolerance, urinary excretion and general condition.
- Tender leaves of mango can also be natural home remedy for diabetes. Prepare an infusion of the fresh leaves by soaking them overnight in the water and squeezing them in the water in the morning. Drink this filtrate everyday in the morning to control diabetes. You can also dry these leaves in the shade, powder and preserve them for use when necessary.
- The juice of Margosa is a helpful natural home remedy for diabetes. Take one tablespoon of 5 ml of this juice early in the morning on an empty stomach for three months. You can also chew 10 leaves daily in the morning.
- The other vegetables that are useful for diabetics are string beans, cucumbers, onion and garlic. String bean pod tea is an excellent natural home remedy for diabetes and can be substituted for insulin. Cucumber contains a hormone which stimulates the cells of pancreas for producing insulin. Onion and garlic are also excellent tools in reducing blood sugar.